Translate

Followers

Friday, December 21, 2018

CHRISTMAS EXPECTATION

Gloria Phifer


Image result for free pictures of baby jesus in the manger



Christmas for me as a child was always a let down. Expectations...all of us... trying to fill the emptiness that filled our home and our hearts.
After the presents were opened and the food was eaten...it was over.

Living in a home of alcoholism, alcohol was used by the adults to fill the emptiness...cover the pain. There was no peace on earth for us.

At 22 I asked Jesus to come into my life. I found Someone Who loved me. I found The Real Gift. 

No longer is the expectation to fill my emptiness. It has been filled by my Savior. 

I know this can be a hard time of year for people. they can expect it to fill an area of emptiness.

Peace, Good Will unto man was heralded by The Angels.

The birth announcement was for you and me...Jesus Christ...Emmanuel...God with us...came for you and me. To fill the emptiness. To comfort and heal our hurts. To bring peace into our chaos. 

Unto us a Son is born. Unto us a Child is given. His Name is Wonderful, Counselor, The Almighty God, The Everlasting Father and The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9

The true meaning of Christmas is God loves you so much that He sent His Son so you could know Him. Jesus took on flesh and dwelt among us. God put on flesh so you would know Him.  (John 1:14)

He came into this world to pay the price of our sins on the cross so we can be reconciled to Him and belong to Him. It is astonishing . that He loved us so much He came as a baby...become a man...and took all of our sins upon Himself at the cross so we could have fulfillment, hope, comfort...a reason to live...and eternal life...never to be afraid of death again. 

If you have never received Jesus...He is standing at the door of your heart. He won't push His way into your life...when you ask Him to come in, you will find the One Who fills that emptiness and gives you the reason to really live. Live with The One Who loved you enough to come into your world...yes..."Your world". Emmanuel God with you!

No comments: