Translate

Followers

Sunday, December 30, 2018

REFLECTIONS.

Gloria Phifer
person standing in seashore under horizon
REFLECTION
                              


Wow!!! Hold on!!! I turned "75" yesterday. I don't "feel" 75. It is amazing. Where did the years go???

As I've shared before I was not a "wanted" child. And I was raised in an alcoholic home with chaos, strife and violence. I didn't know what "peace" was. 

My saving grace was that at 6 or 7 years old I was told that Jesus Christ is The Son of God and that He loves me. That was tucked down into my little heart and I believed.

I can't even go into all that He protected me from and how He would show up in my life at times. At 15 yrs old, with something scary I was going through, I prayed. The Lord talked to me about being "born again...and it is a straight and narrow way." I don't think I knew how to do what was put in my conscientious...but I also knew in my heart it was "giving up control of my life"...I knew it meant "Everything." I didn't want to give up control. I use to tell myself how strong I was to be able to get through everything that was going on...denial...complete!!! I was spiraling down. Was life worth living?

At 18 yrs old a young man from Iowa came into my life...Iowa? (where is Iowa?). we were in New Mexico. I married him when I was 19 (almost 20). 

He was sent to Alaska in isolation through the Air Force. I came and lived in Iowa with his parents. I had a baby daughter while he was gone. He came home to his baby girl.

I was having a terrible time. I knew nothing about post-par-tum depression...but looking back I can see that was part of it. 

I fought fear constantly. I had a wonderful husband and baby girl but I was so lost.

The Lord put me in a neighborhood with two Christian gals.
I didn't even know where to read in the Bible. The church we began attending told me to begin to read in the book of John...I Understood it!!!

At 22 yrs old, I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life...I was born again and filled with The Holy Spirit.

My life changed forever. I found "Peace." Real peace. I found "Life." I found a Shepherd. The Lord told me I had been born for Him. 

We have 3 grown children. 9 grandchildren, all but one are in their 20's and now we are "Great grandparents."

If you hesitate to give your life to Jesus Christ...please hear my words...He brings abundant life. you know, that emptiness in you that never feels like it is ever filled? He fills that emptiness. 

And my family of origin...my mother, step dad, brother, grandmother, aunt and many others came to Christ. My mother and stepdad, grandmother and aunt are in Heaven right now. 

I thank The Lord that He knew me before I was ever born (Ps. 139) He loved me so much...He had a calling and destiny for my life. And He has a calling and destiny for your life. 

Jesus is Someone you can talk to. He is there...just pray to Him and He will answer you. 

No comments: