Follow by Email

Translate

Followers

Friday, August 3, 2012

INTO THE DEEP

by
Gloria Phifer

     The ocean lies before me, blue as the skies above.
       The sand is wet beneath my feet as I step close to the shore line.
           
                                 "Come out to Me." He calls.
          
     I wade into the foam.  The sand is not as smooth.  Shells and pebbles are under my feet.

RAINBOW OCEAN

         I hesitate.  The ocean is so big.

                 "Come out to Me"

     Lord, you know I am not a good swimmer.

 
     His presence comes to me.  He leads me into the water and carries me into the deep.
                

As I lean into His Presence I am safe. I am unsinkable.
                            The deeper He takes me…I perceive and understand what I had not known.

     "Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your water spouts Oh God." Psalm 42.7

     I long to go deeper with You Lord.  Away from the safety of the shore and into Your everlasting Presence.

                           
                                       Deeper…deeper into the ocean of Your love.



    




Post a Comment