Translate

Followers

Friday, October 19, 2018

WHO AM I?

Gloria Phifer




It is incredulous that a child would be told they were not wanted; but this happened to me. 

Through a childhood without unconditional love, I did not know "who" I was. 

As a child, you do not understand that those in authority over you have their own problems. You begin to take on the responsibility. If you could just be good enough...maybe you would be loved.

I realized at the age of 21 that I needed God. I wasn't sure how to find Him. But, He knew where I was and He knew "who" I was.

That was over 50 yrs ago. He told me I had been born for Him. That was "who I was." He had planned me from the beginning. He had been there before I was born. He brought me into this world.

I was no longer my mother's child or my father's child. A mother who wasn't ready to have a child. A father who left when I was 3 and I never saw again.

The Word says, "When your father and mother forsakes you God will take you up." 

I know who I am...I am my Heavenly Father's child. He dwells within me because of Jesus Christ. He always wanted me. He delighted at my birth. He had a calling and destiny for my life. 

This week, through some circumstances, I realize how much He has blessed me. How He has made up for everything I ever went through. He has given me double for any trouble. 

Who am I? I am God's Gloria. That is who I am. Thank You Lord. You give me value, purpose and abundant life. I can personally testify to Who You Are...You are real!!! You are involved!!! You care. You collect our tears and put them in Your bottle of remembrance.  Thank You Lord I know who I am...I am Yours.

No comments: