Translate

Followers

Saturday, March 28, 2020

ADJUSTING





Gloria Phifer


I am joining the gals Five Minute Friday...the Word for the day is ...Adjust.

Adjusting...we are to Shelter in place.  The Corona Virus is our invisible enemy.

I was in our grocery store this week (My hat and glasses on...in disguise...see I am a Senior Citizen)

I was "Incognito".  "Hoping no one would yell "Senior Citizen on the loose."

I asked the young stock boy on the ladder..."Do you know when you will have more toilet paper?
"
He looked down at this 5 ft lady, with the hat and glasses, smiled and replied, "You can come in at 7

 in the morning."

  WHAT??? this kid knows I am "A Senior Citizen???" It seems I can't get away with middle-aged!

I smiled my sweet elderly smile..."Thank you."

Adjusting...no toilet paper and now everyone knows....I'm a Senior Citizen!!!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Loved this cheerful take on adjustment!

Some adjustments for me, too...tumours have lately taken my voice, and that's not a bad thing.

There are changes, going mute,
but not all are harsh and rude;
I would, in fact, now impute
that at last my life is breaking good.
I still trip the light fantastic
when I play the air guitar,
but no longer tempted to sarcastic,
for courtesy's my guiding star.
Signing makes all words a choice,
and it's harder to be mean
than when I still had a voice,
and thus my soul is coming clean
to say what now is truly needed;
my garden-heart’s at last been weeded!

#1 at FMF this week.

https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2020/03/your-dying-spouse-742-its-ok-to-be.html

Cindy said...

I just had a birthday that put me OVER 60 so I told my husband that he needed to take good care of me because suddenly I am at risk for so many unpleasant things I’m just not sure why! Loved your post and you made me smile!!! Cindy at #fmf