Translate

Followers

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

HE NEVER LETS GO...

MY GOOD SHEPHERD...Painting by Gloria Phifer.
Gloria Phifer

I love my mom. She is in Heaven now and I am so thankful.

From abuse in childhood, many hurts and pains she turned 

to alcohol and drugs.

I became a Christian at 22...and I saw my mom, my step dad and my brother accept Christ.

My mom and step dad returned to the old life of alcohol and drugs, only this time it was 7 times worse. They became homeless.

There were times when I did not know where they were. (they lived in another state.)

The Lord would never let me quit praying for them. He would never let them go. He gave me scriptures on setting the captives free.

It was as if I was in this battle with The Lord. It was like an urgency in His love for them. He would never let them go.

A terrible happening seperated my mom and step dad. 7 yrs after that  happening, my step dad called me. he said he had not drank since that day. he wasn't sure if he would go to Heaven. We prayed together and I witnessed with him that He had accepted Jesus as His Savior. He died a few years later and is with The Lord.

My mother had a stroke. As I stood by her hospital bed, I heard her speaking the 23 Psalm and I prayed it with her. she told me she had many regrets. I told her , "Mom, Jesus has forgiven you...you need to forgive yourself."

After my mother went to be with The Lord I was in a deep sleep. Right before I woke up I saw Jesus and my mom. He had his arm around her and they were both smiling at me. My mom looked radiant.

I thank Jesus that He would never let her go. She was one of His sheep and He constantly went after her.

I thank The Lord that my mom and step dad are in Heaven with Him.

I can say assuredly that The Lord is The Good Shepherd...He will leave the 99 sheep and go after the one continually until He has brought them into His safe Haven. Blessed be The Name of The Lord Jesus Christ....our Good and Faithful, Loving Shepherd.

No comments: