Translate

Followers

Friday, November 10, 2017

THE GIFT OF SILENCE OF THE HEART

Gloria Phifer



It seems there is always noise.

It is not deafening but a constant blur in the background.

Usually, it is the television. Or a cell phone ringing.

It also seems like our world is moving faster and faster.

I sat on my couch one morning and sat in silence. Sometimes it is hard to get into quietness. The silence seems so strange. Shouldn't I be doing something? Praying? Reading The Bible? 

As I sat there, I knew I was waiting on The Lord. And I began to feel the peace...the quietness...the strength coming in...waiting...listening.

Many years ago The Lord gave me a song..."I hear You speak to me in the silence of my heart. I hear you call to me...come rest in Me."

I want to be still before The Lord...in the quietness...to hear His Voice in the silence ...the stillness of my heart.

Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon The Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I Am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

I have joined the FMF bloggers we write on one word for 5 min. The word was "Silence."

No comments: