Translate

Followers

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

THE SCALE...THE HARD TASKMASTER.

Gloria Phifer





TRY IT AGAIN?


When I was young, I don't even remember getting on a scale to check my weight.

It began in my 20's...trying to get back to a size 7.
I remember my friend and I lamenting about our weight...now I look at pictures of us and I think..."What were we thinking? we looked great!!!

But, it was all in our minds. We wanted to be a certain way...the way we were as teenagers.

Now, gulp, I am in my 70's...yes...yes...I know it's hard to believe (LOL). And now I wear a size 14. 

I have a tummy...I've had 3 children. Now 9 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren (oh sorry the last 11 didn't cause any weight (:

I recently went on an eating plan. It was very disciplined and I ate mostly their food.

It had worked for my friends???

I felt terrible. my head was fuzzy and I couldn't read the caption on the tv.

I visited my doctor...and as I was sitting there the thought came..."The scale is a hard taskmaster."

Wow!!! I had been letting the scale be a master?

I have now returned to eating normal. I laughed when my doctor said..."I just keep thinking you need to eat some sugar." (I had not even been having natural sugar...like fruits.)

I am feeling so much better and I have been contemplating...yes, I am over weight. But, I feel good. I am active. I am happy. I have a wonderful life. 

In all truthfulness...when I look at people I really don't see their weight. I think they are all beautful. There is something special about each person.

Sooo...why am I so hard on myself? Why don't I accept myself for who I am? 

Well, that is the point of this writing. This is what has been coming to me all week. 

Women are so hard on themselves. And I know I have been hard on myself. I need to love and give grace to myself as I do to others.

I'm giving up (Lord helping me) that cruel taskmaster...the scale. 

Lord, help me to concentrate on the good. In Jesus Name Amen. For the Word says in Psalm 139 "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

No comments: