Translate

Followers

Thursday, October 19, 2017

TRUE IDENTITY

Gloria Phifer







Last week, when I was reading a book on "identity,"  I had a wonderful experience with The Lord.

The identity had to do with "fathers" and it has not been a pleasant subject or thought of mine...sometimes it was too painful and I didn't want to go there. ( I will say that The Lord has been bringing me back to this for years.)

That morning, I was remembering, when I was young, how people would tell me I looked like my "daddy". I thought he was my real biological father. we both had dark hair and hazel eyes. When I was ten my mother told me he wasn't my real dad.

My biological father lived in California. they had divorced when I was three. My mother told me I looked like him. And that he didn't care anything about me or he wouldn't have given up custody of me.

Yes, at 10 years old, you can have an identity crises. I couldn't look like the man I had called "daddy" because he wasn't my real dad. (also a few months later, still as a ten year old, trying to understand everything, the man I had called "Daddy", died.)

But, I looked like a man I could not remember seeing? and my mother told me I had his characteristics also? And that I reminded her of him?

As I was thinking about this...last week...The Lord said very plainly in my heart..."You look like your Papa God!!!" 

It was so real...so profound. It kept coming as if it was sinking deeply into me...I look like my Papa God. Tears came into my eyes and I began wiping them away. 

It is hard to explain what it is like when God makes something so real to your heart. As if the scales are falling off your eyes and your heart. A  revelation, that you know is true. It is really miraculous...I don't know how else to explain it. It is if He reaches down, pulls back a curtain, speaks and you know it is The Truth. 

I know...I look like my Father God...my Papa God....I am His child. I have His characteristics. He wanted me. He planned my birth. He had a plan for my life. I belong to Him...He is my Papa God.

I can't began to tell you what an impact that truth has made in me. I am no longer that little girl who didn't know who she was or where she belonged, or even if she was wanted? 

I have a Papa God...and I look like Him!!!

What a profound truth!!! He created me. He planned me. He saved me. He lives inside me, through His Holy spirit. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. Wow!!! I look like my Papa God!!! That is my identity. That is my eternity...with Him.

No comments: