Translate

Followers

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

THE GREATEST INVITE

Gloria Phifer

I am joining bloggers from FMF...we write for 5 minutes on one word...the word is "Invite."


love is knocking


The greatest invite I ever received was from God Almighty. In fact, He invited me many times to give my life to Him, but I didn't understand what a wonderful "invite" that was.

Like many people, when things were beyond my control, and I was fighting fear...I began to consider the invite...what would it mean? What would it be like if I gave my life to Jesus Christ?

I found out that The Lord is a Gentleman. He will not force Himself into our lives. He loves us, and He loved us enough to come into this world, live among us and give His life for us so we could have forgiveness of sins...but He won't force salvation on us. He, in His wisdom, has given us free will.

There is a beautiful passage in the Book of Revelation..."I stand at the door and knock, if you will open the door, I will come in and have fellowship (relationship) with you. Revelation 3:20

There is a famous painting of Christ knocking on the door...if you notice there is no handle on the outside of the door...the door has to be opened from the inside.

Another scripture that shows Jesus gentleness is Matthew 11:29 "Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I Am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls."

How I longed for rest. How I longed for peace.

I opened the door of my heart and I invited Jesus Christ to come into my life. 

I had never known peace...real peace until then. I had never known real, unconditional love until then. I thank God, at the age of 22, I accepted The Greatest Invitation...my life was changed forever.

Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart. Will you turn the inside handle and ask Him in? I will tell you with all my heart it is wonderful.

No comments: