Translate

Followers

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

REFECTION ...STILL IN LOVE.

Gloria Phifer

I was sitting here at my computer and I began to reflect.

Time has passed so fast. I will soon be "74" yrs old. Wow!!!

Our children are grown and have moved out of state. 

We have 7 grandchildren and 2 bonus grandchildren. we have a bonus Great grandson and a Great granddaughter 3 months old.

We are retired. we have been since we were 55...thanks To The Lord for the way He worked everything out.

We will be married 54 years this November 26th.

Marriage isn't always easy, but The Lord uses it to change us. To love someone else more than we love ourselves. 

I was 19 yrs old. I still remember, the day after we got married I kept thinking, "I'm Mrs Gloria Phifer." 

I never had my own car...if you know my story, you know how my family was always on the move. It is interesting to me now that I never really tried to have my own car, even though my friends did. 

Now, as Mrs Phifer, I had a 55 Chevy. Wow! The little bit of money my husband had was now mine also.

I was also thinking...I am still in love. Yes, the love matures and is different from the beginning. But, I love to hear his voice. I like to be with him.(  even though he can't hear me much of the time).

I cherish the time we have together.

This was my reflection tonight. Love endures. love never fails.

Love has an essence, a sweetness in it's maturity. I wouldn't trade it for the world.



No comments: