Translate

Followers

Monday, October 9, 2017

MY STORY

Gloria Phifer

I am joining the bloggers at FMF. We write on a word for 5 minutes. This week it is "My Story."

Wow, how do I write my story in 5 minutes?
My life is a miracle. My aunt and grandmother tried to talk my mother into having an abortion...she was 17 yrs old. She chose to give me life. 

It was a life without peace. Alcohol in the home. My real dad gave up rights to me and moved to California and I never saw him again. (I was 3).

My 1st step dad died when I was 10.

My mother remarried and the alcohol began. I changed schools 14 times. 

I knew of Jesus but we were not a church going family. There were times in my young life when The Lord would deal with me to give my life to Him. But, I really didn't know how. And I had a lot a distrust issues.

I thought I could control my own life. But I was deceiving myself...it was spiraling downward. I knew my mother loved me but I also knew she resented me. In front of my grandmother she said I had ruined her life.  I was full of insecurity. And with many things happening around me I was fearful. 

At 21, after my husband had been sent to Alaska in isolation (he was in the air force). Coming to live with basic strangers (his family) and discovering I was pregnant. Then spending 4 months looking out the window, from an apartment, at a brick wall: I began to realize I needed help and I knew that help was God.

At 22 I surrendered my heart and life to Jesus Christ. He delivered me from fear and gave me a reason to live. 

That was over 50 years ago. My husband and I will be married 54 yrs in November. We have 7 grandchildren...2 bonus grandchildren and a bonus great grandson...and a great granddaughter who is 2 months old. 

I was just thinking this morning...there is no "wholeness with out Jesus Christ." 

There is so much more I could share but my 5 min are up...love, Gloria.

No comments: