Translate

Followers

Friday, September 29, 2017

DEPEND

GLORIA PHIFER


I am joining the FMF bloggers. we write for 5 minutes on one word...the word is "Depend."




When I think of the word "Depend" one question comes to my mind..."Who can I trust?"

As a child I felt I could not trust in those who should be taking care of me. I was never sure when I would be uprooted and moved somewhere. Or if chaos would rule. I never knew peace.

Who could I depend on? I decided to depend on myself. Really? I use to tell myself how strong I was to endure everything. Really? I didn't see the boat was filling with water and I was drowning. Spireling downward.

Through my life, I have realized there is only One Who I can truly depend on. Only One that will never hurt me. 

It took me a long time to come to that realization. People are people and they are not God. they have feet of clay...just as I do. 

I asked Jesus into my life when I was 22 yrs old...I will be (gulp) 74 in December. I can honestly say, He has never let me down. Sometimes I didn't understand some things. But looking back I see  He was there all the time and worked everything out for my good. 

Yes...I depend on Jesus. It is a depend that fills my whole life. It is a leaning on trust. Knowing He will not hurt or disappoint or forsake me. He will never abandon me. I have found Him trustworthy  and yes...Dependable.

If you are looking for Someone Who you can depend on...There is Jesus. I highly recommend a relationship with Him. He is unsinkable!!! He is a Rock to lean upon...immovable. Consistently dependable. He will never change in His love...it is unconditional. He is our Savior...He is our Friend...He is our High Priest Who intercedes for us...He is JESUS!!!

No comments: