Translate

Followers

Friday, June 23, 2017

STEADFAST

Gloria Phifer

I am joining the FMF bloggers. We write for five minutes on one word. The word this week is "Steady."


THE STORM BY  GLORIA PHIFER




We have all heard the phrase "Steady does it." But sometimes "steady" is hard to find.

With ups and downs; the ebb and flow of life; to be steady or steadfast is hard to do. Especially on your own.

I have found in my own strength...it is hard to stay "steadfast" in a difficult circumstance.

My husband had a heart attack a year and a half ago. It was like standing on the outside and watching myself...I couldn't seem to get it together...let alone be "Steady or steadfast." I even told myself "Get it together Gloria!" 

When I left him at the hospital (they kept him over the weekend and he had a stint put in on Monday) I was crying, it was dark and it was raining..(.I don't see very good at night to drive anyway. I was praying and I knew friends were praying.)

 I was hard on myself...why wasn't I stronger? Why wasn't I steady. I was listening to the radio and a song came on "Just Be Held." I have listened to the song since then and I haven't heard these exact words...but that night, driving home in the dark rain, crying, I heard "You don't have to strong...just be held." 

I knew The Lord was with me and with my husband in this situation. He would take care of us. And He did. 

Jesus is my steadfastness. He is The One Who holds me together. My own strength fails but He always prevails. 

Thank You Jesus for always being there when we need You. You are our Steadfast Savior Amen.

No comments: