Translate

Followers

Saturday, May 20, 2017

TRUTH

Gloria Phifer





I am joining the Friday blog...today the word is "Truth". We write for 5 minutes on one word.

I would say I love truth. 

But truth can also be convicting. At a time The Lord shows you why a person behaves the way they do and you realize you have judged them.

Or when The Lord shows something personal that is true...and even if it hurts...the truth sets you free. I had a friend, many years ago, call me and say, "Gloria, you can't be savior to your family." Well, I got on the defense. I said, "I wouldn't want to be their savior!!!"  But as we talked I said, "If I could save them, I would. If I could heal them I would." There was the truth. Only God, Jesus Christ, The Savior can save and heal. That truth, even though hard to hear, at first, was truth that set me free. My friend had spoken truth to me that I needed to hear.

Then there are the truths that set you free in different ways. Realizing your worth. How much God loves you. How much others love you. These are wonderful truths when they finally enter your heart. The truth that speaks louder than the lies. The Truth that speaks!!!

Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life. 

The Truth will set you free. If The Son of God sets you free, you are free indeed...this is Truth. 

Lord, give us ears to hear...The Truth. Amen.

No comments: