Translate

Followers

Sunday, April 2, 2017

FINDING HOME

Gloria Phifer



Dwelling Place.

The night was black. Lightning flashed and thunder sounded around me.

The wind blew violently. I shuttered within. 

I was lost in the storm.

wrapping my coat around me, I stumbled forward...

there was no path to follow.

A light flickered, advancing toward me.

My footsteps wandered on...forward to the Light...my only Hope.

the wind waged war against me, buffeting my way

The Light was coming closer and a pathway emerged before me.

I followed until I reached...

A dwelling made of Rock...

A Door opened and I entered.

The Door closed against all outside forces.

The Light shone so brightly there were no shadows...

I was enveloped in the warmth of The Light...held tenderly...

 I was safe in the Shelter of Love. Calmness and peace settled

over me. 

I was Home.

Jesus is my forever Home. He is my Shelter, my Dwelling Place,

my Refuge. My safety.

 Once I was lost, but now I am found.


No comments: