Translate

Followers

Sunday, June 14, 2015

WHAT KEEPS ME TOGETHER.

Gloria Phifer





If you know me...this may come as a shock...but there have been

times when I wasn't sure I wanted to go on. But, there was no choice.

I remember being in a trial and I asked the Lord to deliver me.

I heard Him clearly in my heart..."You will go through." 

It reminds me of the scripture Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you, when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon you."

There it was "Through". Not out of. Not around it. No...it was Through!!!

 I remember years ago, when my youngest son said to me, "Mom, take Jesus away from you and you would fall apart." He hesitated and then said, "I guess that is the way it should be."


 If you have read much of my writing, you know the Lord protected me and brought me through a hard childhood. The enemy use to whisper in my ear "If your own mother doesn't love you why don't you give up and die." 

The Lord, as I have revealed...gave me a revelation of how I was born for Him...not my mother. (and God had given me a deep love for my mother).

He delivered me from fear. I was fearful from the time I got up until I went to bed and wasn't sure why. The Lord showed me the scripture in Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given you a "spirit" of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind." 

The Lord showed me I was dealing with a spirit of fear. I stood in my kitchen (I was a brand new Christian..22 years old) and I felt the lords presence with me. When that fear showed up I pointed my finger and said (I will have to say, it was with God's power) "God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind!!!"  And you know...that fear left!!!

A few years ago a wave of depression hit me. I fought, I prayed, I rebuked. Friends prayed with me. I resisted taking anti depressives.
I could not sleep. I lost 16 pounds. I lost interest in everything.

I did not understand what was happening. (I will have to tell you, that during this time, The Lord was very near and showed me some wonderful things.)

 Finally, a friend, I know really loved me, asked me if I would go to the doctor if she went with me. The doctor showed me about the brain and chemicals (While my friend stood in the room and cried.)

 I had tried to get out of the depression. I had fought, what I thought was totally a spiritual battle. But now, I took the medicine. In one week...yes...I was beginning to be my old self. After this experience, I talked to so many people who have gone through this. I never would have understood before. The Lord had brought me through,( only not the way I wanted.)

2 Corinthians 1: 5 "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, The Father of mercies and The God of all comfort.
Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort that we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds by Christ."

God redeems everything. Everything we go through can help other people. It gives us understanding and knowledge and compassion.

So yes, if you (but you can't) took Jesus away from me I would fall apart. He is my Stable Force. He is my Keeper. He is my Ever Present Help in trouble. He is my High Priest. 

I say To The Lord, my High Priest, please intercede for me and I know He does.

Do you need help "Going through?" Jesus is The Way, The Truth, The Life. He is the One Who knows all about you...your weakness, your infirmities, your struggles and He loves and cares about you. And...He will bring you through. 

 You may say, "How do I do that?"

You talk to Him by faith. Know that He is listening and is answering.
Know that He loves you unconditionally. He will never leave you or forsake you. If you have never given you life to Jesus do it now. Say, "Jesus, I believe you died on the cross for me. I accept you as my Savior and I give my life to you."

In this life we are just passing through and we need a Shepherd to lead and guide and care for us. I know this Shepherd...His Name is Jesus Christ. Psalm 23.

Peace, love and blessing to you.



 

No comments: