Translate

Followers

Sunday, June 28, 2015

MY ADVENTURE TO THE OBSERVATORY

Gloria Phifer

It was "Girls night out" for four of us in the neighborhood. Love my neighbors. Gemma is from Ireland and her 6 foot 6 husband is from Sweden. Alla and her family are from Armenia and Candi is from Wyoming. The waiter asked what we were going to do with our wild night out? After eating, over discussion of how we met our husbands, and the different cultures, we headed for our "wild" night at the observatory. (It is appropriate to laugh here.)

Gemma has driven for three years (in the UK and Ireland she didn't have to drive), so our brave girl, Candi drove us to Des Moines. In that area, there were signs pointing to "Drakes Observatory". It led us down, more of an alley, then a road. Gates were open to the golf course. We circled around. "Let's go for it Candi," I said. So we drove onto the golf course. Our Wyoming girl did not hit any golf carts and we arrived at "The Observatory" in the middle of the golf course.

An older gentleman with glasses, (professor from Drake) began the lecture. Our seats were old, round, wooden chairs. Candi was trying to get comfortable...and I was trying to "see" the small screen. A tall, young teenager girl sat in front of me. To those who don't know me I am fairly short ( only fairly..laughter). But with my neck cranked I watched and listened. The room was fairly full.

The professor began with "The Universe." And "The Big Bang." 
And  Einstein...(one picture of his tongue sticking out...not very nice.) and his theories.  He said there was a time when the universe began to expand faster then the speed of light. I didn't raise my hand, but I know what that was..."GOD SPOKE!!!"  "Hebrews 1:2 God has Spoke to us by His Son, Who He has appointed heir of all things, by Who, also, He made the worlds." (Notice plural)

John 1:1 In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him (Jesus...The Word) was Life and The Life was THE LIGHT of men. Jesus is THE LIGHT!!  ( But I didn't raise my hand, I listened...and thought.)

The professor spoke on "light." White light isn't really "White."
When put through a spectrum there are "colors." My thoughts..."The colors of the rainbow...Colors of Promise" I also thought of Jesus Who said  "I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT...
NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME,
The Tabernacle in the Wilderness (exodus) is a symbolism picture of Jesus. Blue for Heaven, Purple for royalty, scarlet for His blood, white linen for righteousness and gold for Deity.   Colors In The Pure Light.
Light...colors... spectrum


Next was the subject of the force of gravity. They do not understand where this "force of energy" comes from. I KNOW!!! 

 Then came "dark matter" it is invisible; but they know it is there and holds all things together. (why they called something they can not see "dark" is beyond me. invisible is invisible.)

  I know who holds all things together. Hebrews 1:3 "Who (Jesus) being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His Person, and upholding all things by the Word of His Power."  (Holding every thing together with His power...)

The professor continued expounding how the "energy of the universe" is a mystery to them. (God, Light, Life are Energy).
Can I raise my hand...no...no...I better not.
 
He continued into possibilities of other universes and parallel universes...etc. ???

After the lecture he gave us instructions on what we would see through the telescopes. My mind sparked when he said "YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THAT JUPITER AND VENUS ARE COMING TOGETHER". Wow!!! I remembered reading in Christmas articles how NASA has discovered, around the time Christ was born, there were three stars...Jupiter, Venus and Regulus came together. Jupiter meant "Father", Venus "Virgin Mother" and "Regulus, "Means King or Ruler." It is in the foot of the Lion Constellation. I thought of The Lion of The Tribe of Judah. And how Jesus would step on the enemy. (As the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world.).

Gemma and I walked up to the professor. She asked a couple of questions. And then I asked "Is this common for Jupiter and Venus to come together?" "No," he replied, "It is rare. It happened in 4 B.C. in the Middle East."   Wow! Wow and yes Wow! My spirit in me responded!!! This was happening again?







We climbed the black, metal, spiral staircase to where the main telescope was...There were a lot of people in there so we went out on the platform deck where there were two more telescopes and volunteers to answer questions.

 We saw Jupiter (it has 67 moons) I saw one and the volunteer said it was the brightest moon in our solar system.

 Then we saw Venus. He said Jupiter is far from Venus but very large...when it comes behind Venus then it will look like "ONE STAR".  Gemma and I were looking up at the sky, and with the naked eye we could see Venus and Jupiter close to each other. I noticed a smaller star and asked Gemma what that one was. "REGULAS"!!! It was in line with Jupiter and Venus!!!  THE RULER!!!  Jupiter and Venus will come together...and look like one star in August.

I asked the volunteer about the "Red blood moon." He said it is September 28th on Rosh Hosanna (The Feast of Trumpets.) 

We looked though the main telescope at Saturn...it was brilliant with the rings around it. Beautiful.

Back on the platform deck. We looked at the moon and all it's craters. I asked the volunteer if the moon had the same substance as earth. He said it does. They think something as big as Mars, hit the earth and knocked off a piece of the earth and it began rotating around the earth. 
I remembered the scripture "Psalm 8:36-37. "His seed shall endure forever and His Throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established forever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah."

The moon is a faithful witness in our sky. Also, the Jewish calendar is a "Lunar Calendar."

  This is my own belief...I believe when satan fell (God threw him out) there was a great, enormous upset in the universe.....I believe the earth went into the darkness and void at satan and the other evil angels fall. This world was in total darkness and void until The Spirit of The Lord brooded over the darkness of the deep and God (Elohim) spoke, "Let there be LIGHT!!!

The wise men were watching the stars and they understood the message "The King of the Jews was being born" He was coming into the world. The Lord told us to watch and pray for His coming again. 

Psalm 36:5 "O Lord, is in the Heavens; and Thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.

Psalm 89:2 ...Mercy shall be built up forever: Thy faithfulness 
 shall You establish in the very Heavens.

Psalm 89:5 The Heavens shall praise Thy Wonders, O Lord.

Genesis 1:14 God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the Heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for Signs and for Seasons, and for Days, and Years." 

Job 26:7 "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place and hangs the earth upon nothing.

Psalm 102:25 Of old have You laid the foundation of the earth: and the Heavens are the work of Your Hands.

Hebrews 11:3 By faith, we understand that the worlds were framed by The Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things, which do appear.  (For instance...invisible matter?) 

Psalm 90:2 "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever Thou  hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting THOU ART GOD!"

It was a wonderful night at the Drake Observatory. I have chewed on this ever since...and in case you are wondering...I am excited!!!

Even so, COME LORD JESUS...COME. 







 


No comments: