Translate

Followers

Saturday, October 18, 2014

THE DEPARTURE OF LONELINESS



Gloria Phifer
           
            I realized this morning…I am never alone!!!  Have you ever had a moment, when what you knew,
became a fresh revelation…that is what happened to me this morning.

            As a child and young person, there was always loneliness. I felt no one cared.

            We were a family without stability. No firm foundation. I changed schools 14 times. 4 high schools.

            Always in flight…wandering…wandering…

            Alcohol invaded our home and wreaked havoc. Alcohol brought confusion, fear and abuse.

            Did I want to live? I had no hope, vision was obscure.

            Where could I find wholeness? How could I survive this world?

            “Jesus loves me, this I know, because the Bible tells me so” would surface in dark times.

                       A Light in the darkness.

             
When I graduated I had no goals. I felt lost. Once again we moved.

           
  Looking back over my life…I can see God’s hand…His Spirit brooding over me, even though I felt my life was in a downward spin.

           
 I married at 19 yrs. old and came to the Midwest.

 At the age of 22, a neighbor invited me to church. I began reading the Gospel of John in the New Testament.
 Every afternoon, as our baby daughter slept, I read. The Word spoke to my heart and I understood. Jesus said, “Whoever comes to Me I will not cast out.” I knew He was saying…”Come to Me.”

            I did!  I came to Jesus and asked Him to come into my life.

 I found Someone Who cares. Someone Who knows all about me and yet He loves me. Someone Who takes care of me. Someone Who will never leave me or forsake me. A Foundation for my life.


If you need Someone Who will always be with you…Someone Who will always care for you…Come to Jesus Christ. Ask Him into your life and you will never be alone again.


No comments: