Translate

Followers

Friday, April 11, 2014

                                                                   PAINT




NO FEAR IN LOVE
LORD OF LORDS, KING OF KINGS
THE LAMB SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD. THE WHIRLPOOL GALAXY AND EARTH.




Paint?     Our children were growing up. I was already feeling the empty nest syndrome...you know the quiet...the what do I do now? ..........I'm a Mom.

I began to write...at first it was journaling..writing down scriptures that spoke to me that day. Then the writings became allegories and even some songs.  Pictures came into my mind that went along with the writings. I felt a nudge to "Paint!"

I visited a store that had paints...let's see what did I need...oh yes...paints...brushes...acrylic?  Oil? How do I clean the oil paint out of my brushes?  Okay...okay...I was on my way. 

My husband made me a small easel. I sat at the kitchen table and began to "Paint!"  I was so surprised.  What I saw in my mind and in my writings were being placed on canvas.  Truthfully I was in awe. I knew the Lord was opening up this gift for me.
Freedom
Creation
My Shepherd
It was a wonderful experience with the Lord. He became more real to me in my writings and now the paintings.  I began doing watercolor...acrylic. Hours would go by and I was in a special place. A place of creativity with the Lord.

Daybreak
The Storm
Sins nailed to the cross

 The Lord brought writing and painting into my world and I will forever be thankful.

No comments: