Translate

Followers

Friday, September 14, 2018

SPOTLIGHTED IN A CROWD.

Gloria Phifer

I am joining FMF gals we write on one word for five minutes...the word is "Crowd."

I was a Senior in high school. All week I had looked forward to this Saturday night dance. The auditorium was packed. Country and western music blared from the band. (I lived in New Mexico.)

I was standing on the sideline of the dance floor with other young friends. 

All at once I felt a deep loneliness. Everything around me seemed to disappear as I experienced something I couldn't explain. It was like time stood still.  I can only expain it as a deep moment as I felt the intensity of the loneliness. 

A hand was extended toward me leading me onto the dance floor, but I would never forget that moment in time that was all consuming. 

Every time I think about this I feel like I was "Spotlighted." I was all alone in this crowd. Separated. Longing for something to fill the emptiness and intense loneliness.

I now know, it was one of the many times The Lord came on the scene of my life. My intense loneliness was for Him. My emptiness could never be filled ...until His Presence would abide in the deep of my heart.

I could tell you many times when The Lord would show up in my life...talking to me...protecting me...urging me to come to Him.

It took one hard year for me to realize I could not go on with out Him. I knew for the 1st time I could not make it on my own. Everything was spiraling around me. My new husband, who was in the Air Force, was stationed in Alaska in isolation and I couldn't go.

I was devastated. There was one wonderful event, I was pregnant and gave birth to a baby daughter. 

I lived in an apartment with her...and literally looked out the window at a brick wall. Life had brought me to the end of myself. I saw that I was not in control. And I knew I needed God.

At 22 yrs old, after reading the Gospel of John, I asked Jesus to come into my life. I surrendered.

I no longer feel that deep emptiness, that intense loneliness. I know I belong to Him and He lives in my heart. He filled that void inside of me. And I am so thankful. 

I want you to know that Jesus can fill your emptiness...your loneliness. You only have to ask Him to come into your life. He is waiting at the door of your heart. I am sure He has you "spotlighted" to belong to Him.

No comments: