Translate

Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2018

WELCOME TO MY CARING WORLD.


Gloria Phifer
                                      Happy places





Do you know that person who wears their heart on their sleeve? That person is me. My mother always told me everything I felt was seen right on my face.

I always care. It might seem like a good thing but it is also vulnerable. Especially when I am around different personalities.

I was three years old when we lived in a small travel trailer. Outside, next to the steps were big, black bugs. To this little girl they were very scary. My mom told me they were "stink bugs" and they wouldn't hurt me. "Let's name the bug "Charlie" my mom suggested. Soon I was bent down talking to the black creature. I soon had many conversations with "Charlie."  One day, I left the trailer and there by the steps was "Charlie!" He had been crushed. I cried and cried. Of course there were lots of stink bugs but I identified him as "Charlie." 

I stop for Geese in Iowa, even if there are cars behind me. I also have conversations with them inside my car, "Hurry up get across." Oh and I pray for deer that they won't be shot. (I'm sure my hunter friends don't appreciate it.) But hey, someone has to do it.

When I am in a store and a baby begins crying I would love to comfort him or her...so to myself I pray for them and their parents. 

So, as you can see, I have this character in me that cares and has a tender heart. 

If I could help every person in the world I would...but I am not God...He is. 

Sometimes I want to pull back. I decide I am just not going to care.  But soon, and I mean soon, there it is again...I care.

I know...there needs to be boundaries so I don't put my heart out and have it trampled. But, I also don't want to have such large boundaries that I won't let anyone in and find myself  stuck inside this self imposed fence. 

It is a paradox really. Even though it makes me vulnerable, I like to care. I want to reach out. 

A friend does a class where different personalities are put into color categories. Yes, I am "Green" a peace keeper. Well, at least I am in a category. 

I am not sure why I am being vulnerable right now and showing my heart but I have been thinking about it for a few days. 

One thing I know is I need to love myself for who God made me to be. And pray that He will use my caring in helping others. And cover me with a shield to guard my heart. 

No comments: