Translate

Followers

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

A LOVE STORY

Gloria Phifer

I opened the door, and there stood a good looking young man. He was my blind date that evening. Who would have ever known that this was a God given destiny?

Two graduations: Iowa and New Mexico.
I didn't realize that The Lord (Who I didn't really know as my Savior) had sent me a knight in shining armor. A rescuer sent from Iowa, to a desert place, to rescue a young girl.

I will forever be thankful that he joined the air force and was stationed at Kirtland Air Force base in Albuquerque; and that a friend insisted  I meet him. 

This November 26th will be our 55th wedding anniversary. After moving to Iowa I accepted Jesus as my Savior...I was 22 yrs old.

I am still thankful for my knight in shining armor. We were only 19 and 20 when we married. We have been through life. Some easy, some not so easy. As in every life.

We have been given a family...children, grandchildren and now we are great grandparents.

To me it is like mellowed wine (which I don't drink) the years have become sweeter. more tender. 

I thank God for the husband He gave me. Thank You Lord. And in Your divine plan we came to You.

No comments: