Translate

Followers

Sunday, February 18, 2018

A NEW SEASON OF LIFE

Gloria Phifer

I live in a state that has four different seasons. I love the different seasons. the weather can change in the middle of the day or night.

I have been going through a lot in this season of life. I was 74 in December. I remember when I thought that was ancient. But, now I am there!  It is a season of letting go. Of finding new purpose.

I no longer have young children at home...who I miss, but I know I don't have the strength and endurance I had in my 20's and 30's.

I miss their teenage years when the phone (no cell phones then) rang off the hook. When other teenage friends cars filled our drive way. 

Then our children married. Which was a joy. It was a letting go.

Grandchildren were and are wonderful. But even that has changed; all but one grandchild is in their 20's now.

All our children live out of state. I miss them coming to the house.

My husband and I are now great grand parents...what a joy!!!

I have learned there is a lot of "letting go." Trusting The Lord.

I fight getting old. I don't want to think or act or dress old.''

I often joke that I am in "preservation." 

my husband had a heart attack a couple of years ago and that was an awakening. It left me shaken. Now, if he has heart burn or any symptom I get concerned (he doesn't seem to.)

There are many things to embrace...retirement...Bible studies...visiting with friends. Having my husband with me. Our children coming to visit. 

Yes. I am looking and searching in this new season of life.

I write and teach a Bible study and I mentor some younger gals which is a joy.

My prayer is that my life will bring Jesus Christ glory, at each stage and each season. Amen.

No comments: