Translate

Followers

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

TWO PATHWAYS

Gloria Phifer





     The Spirit watches my life, longing for me to be a child of God.  I am young, and the days, although sometimes lonely, are usually full of energy and young friends.

The days are getting darker, and the pathway rougher as I journey on the broad pathway to destruction.

He watches, with tender eyes and arms outstretched, wanting to shelter me from hurt and guide my steps. I am blind and and unaware of His presence. 

Once, in a circle of time, I sense a still small voice, "There is a better way, there is a narrow path that leads to life."

Pondering a moment over the words, I hurry on, busying myself to forget the words which might mean change.

He watches as the pathway steepens and grows even darker. I have to cling to the side and very often I stumble and fall.

People on the pathway are having their own problems, and have no time to help. They themselves often inflict pain on others as they push and shove their way to destruction.

The still small Voice is more intense now, and more often.
Everyday it seems that He woos and calls unto me, "Turn around, come and walk with Me. "your sins that are scarlet shall be white as snow."

I no longer ignore the Voice, but glance over my shoulder at the nail scarred Hands stretched toward me. 

I stop and turn, looking at The One Who offers me eternal life. 

Others are walking by, pushing and shoving, but I am unaware of them as I'm looking at The Savior. Such kind eyes...could it be that He really loves me?

"Come unto Me, I will in no wise cast you out!"

I put my arms out toward Him and as I do, my feet leave the ground of the rocky path of destruction.  As He lifts me up, I am conscious of a cleanness, a newness and a great peace and joy.

My feet are lowered onto a pathway, a smooth pathway. Looking ahead I see valleys and high mountaintops where the sun shines brilliantly.

At the end of the pathway I see something very beautiful in a halo of blue and gold. A city built four square with pearl gates and street of transparent gold.


"What are those beautful houses over there?" I ask my Savior.

"Mansions, My child. Be faithful to Me for I AM preparing one for you."

"Will it be a long journey?" I ask, looking into His kind face.

I feel His Hand close in on mine.

"Never let your heart grow weary My child, for I'll be with you all the way."

Looking back at the pathway of destruction, from where I am standing (in heavenly places with Christ Jesus), I see the end of that pathway. There is a great pit whose smoke rolls and fire bubbles like lava. Multitudes are pushing and shoving toward destruction.

"Lord, what of those people on the pathway of destruction? I have loved ones over there."

"As  watched you, I watch them," He answered. "I also call. If they will only listen, they will hear My Voice. I love them dearly.  These scars I bear paid for this narrow pathway and whoever heeds My Voice, I will pull out of the way of destruction to the way of life."

"At different times the two paths meet side by side. At those times you will have opportunity to persuade them to come over. Some will, but others will hurry on their way."

"Only pray and persuade and I will give you a harvest of souls for The New Jerusalem."


No comments: