Translate

Followers

Friday, February 17, 2017

WHAT WEAKNESS???

Gloria Phifer

I am joining the Five Minute blogging group...we write for 5 minutes on one subject...this week it is "Weak."

Why are we so afraid of "weakness?" Is it because we are afraid we will not be in control?

We don't  want others to see our weakness, because it makes us vulnerable.

Our humanness wants to hang on. To fix whatever the problem is.

When Paul prayed to The Lord about "the thorn in his flesh;"

The Lord told him something that is hard for us to understand.

"My grace is sufficient for you: for My Strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9

God's grace came toward Paul...undeserved favor. God's strength showed up the strongest when Paul was weak.

I have found this is my own life. I need The Lord's Strength. I need His grace. I can do nothing of lasting value without Him.

There are times I strive, only to wear myself out. When I finally tell the Lord, like a little child, "Papa God I cannot fix this" and I lay it at His feet, I am unburdened and He takes over. 

So do not despise weakness. I believe The lord is drawn to our weakness because then we see our need for Him. 

He is our Strength.

No comments: