Translate

Followers

Friday, June 10, 2016

I SHALL NOT WANT

Gloria Phifer

I am joining the gals from FMF blog...the word today is "Want."


Muffin Joe Phifer


Want...what a word. I can think of a time in my life when I really wanted something and didn't work out. Now, I am so thankful I didn't get what I wanted.

The Lord knows our real "wants." and what will be good for us. Many times He saves us from our "wants."

I have also found that He is my Good Shepherd...I shall not want. (Psalm 23). I will not want for the good things He has for me as my Shepherd. 

I hear people talk about their bucket list. I really don't have one. I feel like I have everything I want. The Lord has been so good to me.

I learned I was allergic to cats. I have always had a cat and missed having one. I asked The Lord if He would give me one. A friend had a ragdoll cat...when I was around him, it did not bother me.

I found a ragdoll on the internet. My husband agreed and we drove to Saint Joe Missouri. Here was this beautiful cat. The people we got him from were remodeling. The cat had white paint on his paws...and tail. When I held him, he kissed my cheek (with his tongue). He was so sweet. The people took him to the sink and he let them wash off his paws and tail. 

Of course we took him. Poor baby, he cried all the way to Iowa.
But when we got here, he made himself right at home. He has been such good company. (we are both retired). I am not allergic to him!!!
I could go on and on about the goodness of my Lord. Many, many stories. 
He is never withholding from us. He only wants us to have what is good for us. And I have to say "The Lord is my Shepherd, I will not want."

No comments: