Translate

Followers

Friday, March 18, 2016

A SURPRISE OF REVELATION...PEACE.

Gloria Phifer   I am joining the Five minute Friday bloggers...the word is "Surprise."




I began my autobiography a number of years ago and then put it on the shelf. My neighbor was interested in it...so I have been reading it to her. It has been painful...and yet so enlightening to see that God was there all along. And how He would speak to me at different times...knocking on the door of my heart.

My childhood was one of instability, chaos, abuse and continual moving. I never felt loved, wanted or secure.

When I was 22 yrs old...I had come to the end of my own rope...I knew I needed God or I just wasn't going to make it.

I was laying on the couch today and I realize I live in peace. There is no chaos...I don't have to be afraid...I have a home, a family, friends, a church. I belong. There are people who love me and believe in the abilities God has given me. 

I will have to say it was a surprise...a revelation that I am in stability. To realize where Jesus Christ has brought me...out of chaos into peace...it is wonderful.

I just want to thank Him for loving a little girl that was lost and in a bad situation...and how he brought me, that girl, to know Him.
To be safe and secure. To give me a husband, 3 children, 9 grandchildren and one great grandchild.

Oh the peace of knowing Jesus...He is The Greatest Surprise!

No comments: