Translate

Followers

Friday, July 24, 2015

TEN THINGS I'VE LEARNED ABOUT GOD.

Gloria Phifer





 I am joining the gals at Five Minute Friday...we write for 5 minutes...the subject today is 10.

There are more then Ten things I have learned about the Lord...
Here is what comes immediately.

1. God loves me. This may sound like something I should have known...but I didn't. When I was around 6 yrs old my Mom told me about Jesus and I knew He loved me...but I wasn't sure about "God." (In my mind I had God and Jesus separated.) As I grew older, somehow I got the idea that "God" was not pleased with me.
When I was born again...one of the first profound thoughts that came to me was "Pray to your Father in Heaven."

2. I have a Father in Heaven. As a child, "Father" was a hard thing for me. My Dad and Mom were divorced when I was three, and I never saw him again. I had two step-dads. One was very strict, and I could never please him. The second, was a kind man, but an alcoholic.

3. God wanted me. I was not a "wanted" child by my parents. And I was plainly told that. After I became a Christian...The Lord began showing me that He had planned my life...He wanted me. He had a plan for my life. I am the only one of the siblings who has children and grandchildren. And I was the first Christian in my family.

4. He will never abandon me. My brother and I were at one time abandoned by the side of the road by my mother at one in the morning. And in many other ways, I felt abandoned.  God has never abandoned me.

5. He is Faithful. He has been faithful to me. He has never let me down. 

6. He is kind. Kindness means so much to me. I can't stand "harshness." My family of origin was very harsh. It was like walking on egg shells.

7. I can talk to Him about anything. I never felt that I could talk to my mother, or tell her my deepest feelings. Now, I have Someone I can pour my heart out to...and he understands me.

8 He is always gentle with me. I am a sensitive person. I love gentleness. When He talks to me...He is always gentle and I feel safe with Him.

9. He always keeps His promises. As a child I would be promised something but it was no guarantee that it would happen.

10. He is trustworthy. Growing up, I learned not to trust because those who were suppose to take care of me...were not there. They were only concerned with what they wanted. I never felt that my needs were met. 

Psalm 23 "The Lord is My Shepherd, I will not want."

I will give you eleven..."The Lord is my Shepherd...He cares for me and watches over me. He supplies all my needs. He never leaves me nor forsakes me. I have put my trust in Him. 

No comments: