Translate

Followers

Friday, April 10, 2015

BLESSED RELIEF...A JOURNEY TO THE FATHER

I am joining the Five Minute Blog...the word is "relief..

The biggest relief came when I was 22 yrs old.

There was a period in my life that I thought God was mad at me.

I had made a stupid mistake and I felt I could no longer

talk to God.

I wasn't raised in church. My mother took me to church

 when we lived in Montana; which wasn't long. I did learn

that Jesus loved me.

For some reason, in my mind, I had Jesus and God different.

Jesus was someone who loved me, but God was not happy with

me...especially after what I did.( I was only 17 at the time)...but 

I knew nothing about "forgiveness" or "grace." I lived in 

a home where there was no grace or peace.

The only father I had was a step father...he was very strict and there

was no pleasing him. He died when I was ten.

At the age of 22, I began attending church. They told me to read 

the Gospel of John. It was like water to my soul.

I was born again.  The next day, what came very strong to me was...

"Pray to your Father Who is in Heaven."  What? God was

my Father? He wanted me to pray to Him? 

The Lord has worked through the years in my life about His Fatherhood. How God the Father loved me so much that He 
sent His Only Son to die for me. John 3:16.

What a relief to discover that God was not mad at me...but

instead was pursuing me to become His! His daughter!!!

I have a Heavenly Father Who loves me....that is true

relief. 

No comments: