Translate

Followers

Friday, February 27, 2015

A VISIT WITH COFFEE...PASS ME THE CREAMER

This morning I am joining Five Minute Friday...the word is "Visit."


A VISIT...COFFEE WITH CREAMER PLEASE



I am so thankful you are visiting my blog.

Visit...I remember when I was a child we ate pinto beans and corn bread almost every evening.  We were going to "visit" my aunt Ruby. My Mom said, "Oh Good, we'll have something to eat besides pinto beans." My aunt Ruby, with her sweet smile greeted us with..."I knew you were coming so I put on a "POT OF BEANS!"

ADD THE CORN BREAD


I miss "Visiting." When our children were young, all the mothers were home. We would grab a cup of coffee and visit as our children played together. Some evenings,  neighbors put  food together for supper and yes...we visited!!!  That was the day when televisions were small and black and white. 



Our children are grown (and most of our grandchildren). I have to admit, I get lonely. (Our children live out of state,) 

I love the days when I get together with other women for a Bible Study and lunch. I look forward to that time so we can "visit."

It seems like the world is so busy. I do understand because I use to work. I took care of grandchildren (which I loved.) 

Communication has taken on a different form...E Mails...phone calls...Facebook. (I don't have a smart phone but most of my friends do) It's like everyone stays in touch with a phone. 

I don't have texting. (Which seems to be unheard of these days.)

I like the face to face communication of "visiting." I love having friends. I want to get back to real "visiting." Where I can look into someones eyes, see their expressions and hear their heart. 

I need a good  "VISIT".

No comments: