Translate

Followers

Friday, January 23, 2015

SHARING FROM THE HEART

GOOD MORNING...today the word for Friday morning blog is "share"

What can I share with you? It is not always easy to share who we are.  To open our hearts

and let others see inside.

My heart loves Jesus.  It hasn't always been that way. I was raised in a chaotic home.  Born to a 18 year old, who was not happy to have a baby. I always had the feeling that I was not wanted.
I was always trying to please my mother.

Fathers were a different problem. My DNA father left my life when I was three yrs old. I never saw him again. My first step dad was very strict...there was no pleasing him. He died when I was 10.

My second step dad was very nice but he brought alcohol into our lives. He and my mother were alcoholics. He was in and out of our lives...depending on when my mother needed him.

My third step dad was abusive. I was afraid of him. When my mother decided it was over between them, he sat in his car and watched our house. My mother told me he hated me. I began praying. On the way home from school the thought came to me "are you saved?" I began telling this question what a good person I was. (I was 15 or 16 yrs old.) Two scriptures came into my mind (I did not know the Word) "You must be born again" and "It is a straight and narrow way." I knew there was a decision to be made. But, I didn't know what this would mean in my life. I remember thinking, "Not now, maybe when I'm older."

In an alcoholic home things only go downwards. (All together I changed schools 14 times). My mother was abusive, emotionally and physically.
I felt at times that she hated me. I really didn't know if I wanted to live.

My boyfriend was also from an alcoholic home. When we were going to move again, he asked my mom if we could get married. I was 16. My mother told me I could if I promised to finish high school. She left me in Albuquerque and I lived with a neighbor.

The marriage did not happen and I was heart broken. I did graduate from high school. But life was spiraling down for me. There was no security. I returned to my mother and she was emotionally and physically abusive to me. I laid in bed wondering if life was worth living. But, there was a tender voice I heard in my heart "Keep going...keep going."

It is a long story. I met a young man from Iowa. He was stationed at Kirkland Air Force Base in Albuquerque (we had moved back there.) In 1963 we were married. We moved to Iowa. When I was 22  yrs old I had a wonderful salvation experience with Jesus. 

My husband and I have been married 51 years. We have three grown children and 9 grandchildren. 

The Lord saved my mother, my brother and my step-dad...the one who always came back to my mom. I have seen many, many miracles.
The Lord has given me the privilege to write and share Bible studies. I love The Word.

I have shared part of my story so you will know how wonderful God is. How He reaches down into the darkness and pulls you into the Light of Jesus Christ.

No matter what your life circumstance is...know God loves you. You can talk to Him. Ask Jesus Christ into your life and you will find "true life."
Thank you for letting me share with you ...it is a privilege.

God bless you always.

No comments: