Translate

Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

FINDING HOME


                                                              Gloria Phifer



I  have dreams where I am desperately trying to get back home.  When I was relating another dream to my husband he said,,,:"Maybe someday you will be home."

This comment has caused me to think.  I know the dreams are from the insecurity I had as a child. I attended 14 schools. We were always on the "move."  I have prayed, asking the Lord to heal my subconscious in this area, and the dreams have lessened to a great extent.

Tomorrow is my 70th birthday. Where has time gone? My children are grown. All but one grandchild are in their twenties or late teens.


When I was 22 yrs old, I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. I say "surrender" because I wanted to run and be in control of my own life.  But I was spiraling down. I was lost.

 I realized I couldn't make it without Him. When I asked Jesus into my life...I wondered why I had been running from Him. I found the truth of....

Matthew 11:28-30. "Come unto Me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me; for I Am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."




Jesus took my life that was so full of fear and gave me peace. He gave me joy. He gave me security. He gave me a home. I have lived in the same town for close to 50 years.

Lately, I have been meditating on..."Jesus is my Home."  Wherever I am He is always with me. In the middle of the night, whenever there is no one to listen...He hears my heart. He comforts me through His Holy Spirit Who lives in my heart.


HOME...someday I will enter my eternal HOME.  JESUS CHRIST made the way so I can go HOME.

No comments: