Translate

Followers

Monday, September 10, 2012

THE STARLING
Gloria Phifer

            Psalm 81:10 "For it was I, Jehovah God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt.
Only test Me! Open your mouth wide and see if I won't fill it.  You will receive every
Blessing you need"
  Oh Lord, I open my mouth wide to receive the blessings you have for me.  As a
 Young starling, I look towards the heavens, awaiting my food. I  chirp loudly,  eagerly                                                                                                          
Awaiting the rustle of Your wings.  Upon the sight of You, I bend back my wobbly
Neck, opening my mouth wide with eager expectation for the choice morsels and blessings You have for me.

            Oh Lord, I want it all: every morsel of what You have for me.  I am hungry for Your
Provision and blessing in my life.  Lord, let me always be hungering for more of You in my life.



Starling

            May You always be finding me chirping for more, with my mouth open wide, waiting and expecting blessings from You.  Lord, how I hunger for more of You!

            Oh Lord, help me to awaken with hunger, waiting for what You have for me today.
Chirping to be filled. Lord enlarge my capacity to receive, enlarge my appetite and help me to stretch and grow.  Let Your provision fill out all the portions of my life.

            Lord, help me not to be like the little starling that gobbles it up only for himself, but help me to share with others what You have so freely given me.  So it will be multiplied many times over…

Lord, I want more of You!

No comments: