Translate

Followers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

NO FEAR IN LOVE

                                                       by gloria phifer

  I was afraid of the night and of the dark.  In the light of day I despaired of living.  I was in bondage

to fear and guilt, never able to get away from myself.  The world around me seemed dark and hopeless.

I wondered why I had been born.  Was it to live in this darkness?

In my world of darkness and fear, Someone switched on the Light.  With the Light, came hope and a

reason for living.

As approaching a scared child, Jesus came near  to me with comforting words of love.

I was not alone and He would never leave me.  He reached out and held me.  He told all

fears to leave!

He made me feel secure and loved.  As I was held, He spoke reassuring words of hope and love.

There was no hurry; He had all the time for me that I needed.  The rest of my life, He would always

be there.

  Inside of me, where I had been tense with fear, everything relaxed.  I felt warm and secure.  I leaned

completely on Jesus and released my tears; telling Him of all my hurts, guilt and pain.  The release

was healing, as He tenderly listened to me.

 I was a child ,held by a loving Father, Who understands and cares.  In this warmth and love

I found healing for my emotional needs.  There was nothing that I could not tell Him. There wasn't

anything too insignificant to Him.  If it concerned me, it concerned Him. 

Daily and yearly my trust in Him has grown.  He truly cares for me. He is perfect Love.

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear. 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

No comments: