Translate

Followers

Saturday, June 30, 2012

A ROCK IN A WEARY LAND






THE ROCK IN A WEARY LAND

Gloria Phifer

       In a dry and thirsty land, my frame bent against the wind: struggling to find a place
Of rest.  My strength was weakening. Should I lie down and let the dust storm cover me?  Was the struggle too great?


       I cried out, "Oh God…help me!"


My feet trudged on. I covered my face, against the grains of sand, which plummeted me.


Was it a mirage?  I shielded my eyes with my hands from the burning wind.
 Could  it be a Rock in this terrible storm?  With renewed strength, I focused on the image
in the distance. Ignoring the force of the wind and sand pelting my being, I struggled on.


       I fell against the Rock.  It was not a mirage. It was real.  A Stabilizing Strength in
the storm.


       I breathed heavily, regaining my strength.  The Rock held me up. Clinging to its surface, I made my way behind.  The Rock was a Refuge, a Shelter…a Stronghold against the storm.
       I had found the Great Rock in a weary land.


Isaiah 32:2 A Man (Jesus) shall be as a
Hiding Place
from the wind and a covert from the tempest. As rivers of water in a dry place. As the shadow of a great Rock in a weary land.


Are you in a storm?  Are you stuggling?  Run to Jesus, The Rock, He will be a Refuge for you.
He cares for you... 1 Peter 5:3 Casting all your care upon Him; for He cares for you!


No comments: