Translate

Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

A FURRY LIFE

My body wrapped as a ball

on a cool hassock, far away from barking dogs

and prowling cats.

I sleep and sleep...

until...

The growls of my stomach
WAIT TILL DADDY SEES YOUR NEW SLEEPING PLACE

remind me of my afternoon snack.

Slowly I move, stretching my furry frame,

enjoying the essence of my being.

I saunter into the kitchen and

check out my bowl only to find it...

EMPTY!!!

FRANTICALLY I pace the floor

below the highest kitchen cupboard



where the "Whiskas" is kept.

With one gallant leap I could

spring on high, slap open the cupboard door and

knock down the box!

But then...I hear the sound of human feet.

The back door opens and a smiling Face

speaks my name.

"Meow, I answer "patiently",

standing beside my bowl.

No comments: