Translate

Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

FROM PRISON TO FLIGHT

FROM PRISON TO FLIGHT

Gloria Phifer

I spun myself a covering to guard me from the outside world.

            Walls of defense protected me, or so I felt.

                        I soon discovered I had spun a prison of my own making.

I fought to be free,
           
            To be uninhibited:

                        But the walls I had built were so strong I soon discovered I was a

            Prisoner in my own fortress.

                        A captive to the lifestyle I had chosen.

            I struggled against the barriers that entrapped me

                        But collapsed in despair.

                                    The walls I had spun became webbing

                                                Holding me securely in their ugly grasp.
 
In desperation I cried for release!

            I prayed for new life…a new way of living…

                        I asked for freedom!

Miraculously, a metamorphosis began from the inside out!
           
            I watched in wonder as my whole being was changed. I was not the same

As I had been.

            I was a new creature.
.
            Old things had passed away and behold all things had become new!

An overwhelming desire to stretch and discover my potential became so strong that I

Pushed against the walls of my prison.

            They cracked and splintered opening for my freedom.
I emerged into the light of day.
            Fresh sweet air filled my lungs as I took a deep bread of release!
I fluttered my newly formed wings and felt strength and vitality flowing through every part of my being.
            I was alive!  I was truly free!
                        My wings expanded and lifted me, leaving behind the shell of my prison.
                                    Higher and higher I soared above the earth.
                                    I flew in freedom! I soared to the heights of abundant life in
                                    Jesus Christ!
                        Praise God! He whom the Son sets free is free indeed!
            2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature: old things have passed away; behold all things have becomes new.
            John 8:36 He who the Son sets free is free indeed.

           

No comments: